Leave us a review!   Reviews


Funding Options

Where the funding came from


The LIBOR Scandal & The Veterans Hearing Fund

Some Veterans in the UK have conflicted feelings about using the Veterans Hearing fund. Many feel they are making a claim against the British Legion. In fact, that couldn’t be further from the truth! The Veterans Hearing fund is funded by HM Government using money from fines raised during the LIBOR Scandal.


The Libor Scandal

The LIBOR Scandal arose when a group of financial institutions was accused of fixing the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR). LIBOR is an important interest rate in global finance and it was fixed in order to make banks look more stable than they were. Millions in fines were imposed upon the financial institutions and HM Treasury has decided that some of the money raised through these fines would be used to support Veteran’s medical requirements. The Royal British Legion’s Veterans Medical Funds (which includes the Veterans Hearing Fund) programme is funded through a five year £13 million commitment from the HM Treasury, using income from the LIBOR fines.

We work with the Royal British Legion to ensure that Veterans get easy access to the Veterans Hearing Fund for Hearing Aids, Assistive Equipment and Tinnitus Therapy that they need and deserve.

Our mission is simple

We want to help ex-service members access the Veterans Hearing Fund and the highest quality Hearing Aids combined with outstanding levels of care and service

Call Us  Email Us

Hearing Aid Funding Options for Ex-Service Men and Women


You have a choice of funding options

There are two funding options that are specifically available to Veterans that we will discuss here.

You can contact us and we can discuss the options.


British Legion Veterans Hearing Fund

The Veterans Hearing Fund (VHF) provides support to veterans who acquired hearing loss during Service. It is open to those who have a wellbeing need that cannot be met through statutory services (such as the NHS). VHF may fund hearing aids, peripherals (accessories) or therapies (e.g., lip reading).

For the Legion to determine whether the hearing loss was acquired during Service, veterans who would like to apply to the programme must submit the following documents:

You can download the eligibility form by clicking on the image below:

Applicants who do not have a copy of their Service Medical records must complete a Subject Access Request form and submit it to the appropriate Service Records Office (addresses are listed in part 2 of the form).

To obtain the required audiometry data, applicants must state ‘Service audiometry records’ in part 3 of the Subject Access Request form. To request this form by post, please email vickie@uk-veterans-hearing-help.co.uk  or call us on 01455 234 600

Once applicants receive a copy of their Service medical records, a copy should be sent to the address below along with a completed VHF eligibility application form.

UK Veterans Hearing Help, 13 King Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1QT

If applicants receive a copy of their Service medical records and audiometry records are not available, they will receive confirmation from the MOD that states this. In such cases, applicants should complete the VHF eligibility application form and return to the address above, including a copy of confirmation from the MOD that audiometry records were unavailable.

Please note: If the applicant is in receipt of a War Pension or Armed Forces Compensation Scheme Award and this was awarded due to hearing difficulties, then they can submit a copy of their documentation confirming this in lieu of Service medical records.

Contact Us to start the process!

Call Us  Email Us


Access to Work

An Access to Work grant can pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition to help you:

The grant is not for business start-up costs.

How much you get depends on your circumstances. The money doesn’t have to be paid back and will not affect your other benefits.

To get an Access to Work grant you must:

Your work

One of the following must apply:

You can’t get a grant for voluntary work. The employer has to be in England, Scotland or Wales.

Your condition

Your disability or health condition must either:

It must also either:

You can apply for the Access To Work Grant on their website at: https://www.gov.uk/access-to-work/apply

Think you may be entitled to the British Legion Hearing Fund?
Contact us using the methods below and we will guide you through the process, from start to finish!
Call Us  Email Us